TARRC welcomes Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia to Brickendonbury
TARRC welcomes Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia
On Saturday 10th September 2011 TARRC was honoured to welcome the Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia, YAB Tan Sri Hj Muhyiddin Hj Yassin to Brickendonbury for the annual Merdeka Carnival Day.
The day marked the celebration of Malaysia's 54th year of independence with Malaysian food stalls, cultural performances, arts and crafts, live music and an exhibition of Malaysian products and services. Again Brickendonbury was host to more than 2000 visitors who could enjoy the variety of delicious Malaysian cuisine including the famous Satay and Roti Canai.
There were also
There were alsocultural performances which included different ethnic traditional dances, martial arts demonstrations and other performances which showcased the colourful and interesting aspects of the Malaysian way of life and traditions.
After the opening ceremony the Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia walked amongst the crowd to take in the ambience of the occasion taking the time to look round all the food stalls and information booths. He was also given a brief presentation in the laboratories on the work carried out by TARRC to support the Malaysian rubber industry by TARRC's CEO Dr Kamarudin Ab-Malek. Other VIPs on the day included the High Commissioner of Malaysia to the UK, the Lord Lieutenant of Hertfordshire and the Lord Mayor of Nottingham amongst others.
The Merdeka Day Carnival is held annually at Brickendonbury and as usual everyone is welcome.
Below are a few images of the visit:
1. TARRC's CEO Dr Kamarudin Ab-Malek (right) welcomes the Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia, YAB Tan Sri Hj Muhyiddin Hj Yassin (middle) to Brickendonbury.
2. VIPs pictured in front of the mansion at Brickendonbury including the Lord Lieutenant of Hertfordshire and the Lord Mayor of Nottingham.
3. The Deputy Prime Minister, YAB Tan Sri Hj Muhyiddin Hj Yassin, signs TARRC's Visitors book.
4. YAB Tan Sri Hj Muhyiddin Hj Yassin officially opens the Merdeka Carnival Day celebrations.
5. TARRC's information boards on activities past and present attracted a lot of interest.
6. The Deputy Prime Minister toured the stalls and booths.
7. Dr Kamarudin explains an aspect of TARRC's work to the Deputy Prime Minister on his visit to the laboratories.
8. YAB Tan Sri Hj Muhyiddin Hj Yassin was pleased to be presented with TARRC's official book.
Tun Abdul Razak Research Centre © MMXI